How to install a Custom ROM via TWRP Recovery
How to install a Custom ROM via TWRP recovery: TWRP recovery lets you do a number of things such as installing custom ROMs, Custom Kernels, modded apps, etc. In fact, using TWRP recovery one can root their device and take a backup of their data.
How to install a Custom ROM via TWRP recovery
By installing a Custom ROM, you can unlock a lot of features based on the Custom ROM. TWRP Recovery stands for Team Win Recovery Project. A lot of Custom Recoveries are available. However, TWRP Recovery is the most widely used because of it’s wide support and ease of use.
- Your device must be rooted
- The rooted device must have a Custom Recovery installed.
- Downloaded Custom ROM and other essential ZIPs
- Enough Space and battery charge to backup and flash the Custom ROM.
Steps to install a Custom ROM via TWRP recovery
Let us proceed with the tutorial on How to install a Custom ROM via TWRP recovery (2020).
1) First of all, download and transfer the custom ROM that you want to install on your device to your internal storage or SD card.
2) Now, boot your device into TWRP recovery.
3) We insist you do a factory reset before installing a custom ROM. This will be really helpful to avoid any errors. Though, you can skip this step if you would like.
Note: Do not wipe the storage where you have your Custom ROM downloaded.
4) Now go to the location where you downloaded the TWRP recovery in your device, tap on “Install” and select the .zip file of the custom ROM.
5) After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the custom ROM installation process. This might take a while so please be patient.
6) Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see “Wipe cache/dalvik” option, select it and then do “Swipe to wipe” on the bottom of the screen.
7) Once cache & dalvik wipe completes, hit the “Back” button on-screen and Reboot your device.
8) You are finally done.
That’s all. Your device will now reboot with the custom ROM you just flashed. Since this will be the first reboot after flashing a new ROM, it might take some time to rebuild cache and finish boot, have patience.
We hope this guide regarding How to install a Custom ROM via TWRP recovery in 2020 was helpful to you. In case of any queries, comment down below.
Follow the next tutorial: How to install Gapps on your Android device