How to install Gapps on your Android device
How to Install Gapps on your Android Device: In order to install Gapps (Google apps such as Playstore, maps, calendar, etc), you need to follow the instructions mentioned below. If you are new, you might be wondering what do they do.
Note: This is an extension of our previous guides. In case you haven’t checked them, you can check them. Here are the links.
What are GApps?
Whenever one installs a Custom ROM, it installs a fresh system into it. This new System might have or might not have Google Services built-in. In order to access Google Apps such as Google Playstore, YouTube, Gmail, one needs Google Services into the system. This Google Apps (GApps) zip does exactly that. This zip installs the necessary Google services and files into your system which are essential for using Google Apps.
Thus, this is the reason you need to flash GApps zip if Google Apps aren’t pre-built. Now, the name GApps might be feeling self-explanatory.
How to Install GApps on your Android Device
It is very easy to install GApps on your Android Device. Just flash zip from the Custom Recovery and reboot. That’s it! Here are the steps to install in detail.
- Make Sure your device is rooted and you have a custom ROM and TWRP Recovery Installed on your Android Device
Follow these steps
- Download the appropriate and latest Gapps pack from opengapps for your Android device. You can just do a google search about your device’s firmware and the Android version. According to that, you’ll have to install the Android Gapps.
- Connect your device to PC and transfer the file to the internal memory of your device.
- Boot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- From TWRP main menu, select the Gapps .zip file that you have downloaded. You are basically flashing the Gapps file like you install the Custom ROMs.
- After selecting the .zip file, do “Swipe to Confirm Flash” on the bottom of the screen to begin the Google Apps installation process. This may take a while.
- Once done, reboot your device
I hope you guys have found this tutorial regarding how to install Gapps on your Android device helpful. In case you have any queries, comment down below. We’ll help you out.